Friday, January 9, 2009

Poop Scooping Boogie

Well I'll give you three guesses as to what I did this morning and the first two don't count!!! All I'll say, is if they could fuel your car with dog poop, I'd be in great shape!!!
Yesterday was pretty and I was at the torch most of the day. I've been trying to make larger hole beads. I've seen some people make the large hole beads then they core them in sterling silver tubing with a sterling silver bead cap. They are so pretty!!! Lord knows I've got the tubing, I've got the punches, the stamps, the sterling sheet, the only thing I don't have is the easy corer, I'll have to do it myself and I don't know about that!!!
I spent a lot of time making hollow beads and vessels. I even blew a couple. I haven't blown glass in a while and it was fun.
I had planned to repeat yesterday but my Mom needed me. Soooooooooo, maybe if it's not too cold tomorrow I can torch, if not I'm sure I can find something to do!!! That's the beauty of buying everything, you usually have a pretty good supply to make things with. OH and I got a new toy today. It's a metal power punch. I'm going to use it to make the large holes in the bead caps. The punch I've been using you could only go so far away from the edge but this I can go 2 inches from the edge, not that I"ll ever make anything that big. Have a great day!!!

No comments: