Thursday, January 8, 2009

5 minutes in the jaws of death












Having a new puppy in the house has been pretty interesting. I'm like a new parent which is really pretty ridiculous when you think about it. But when I had to go to town last week to get a new microwave oven when ours bit the dust, I of course had to go by Petsmart and check out the toys and goodies for the new "baby". The selection is amazing, one whole long aisle with toys on both sides. Now I had to keep in mind, the average puppy probably doesn't weigh 70 pounds so in making my choices I had to check out what I thought would be the safest and the most durable. My daughter is a dog person and she was telling me about the toys with the little electronic noises and how her dogs flipped over them!! Well while at Petsmart I found a cow that moos. It was fairly large and I figured probably well made. HA! This morning I broke down and gave the toy to my little girl and after about 5 minutes this is what's left of the cow. Her horns obviously were not made for a lot of chewing!!! But I have to say it was hilarious the first time the thing mooed. She was standing there with this cow in her mouth looking all around for where the sound was coming from!! I put it up and she found it and got it down to play with again. After I put her outside for her morning romp with one of the outdoor dogs, I noticed that the cow was minus her horns or almost anyway. Guess I need to sew them back on so I don't have stuffing all over the place!!









After putting her outside I noticed she was keeping her eye on something, very intense!!






and the culprit is.... one of the outside cats! She just doesn't understand why the cats don't want to play chase with her!!!!!





Well it's Happy Birthday to Me today. Yes 55 years ago, my mother gave birth to a short, fat baby girl and things haven't changed a whole lot!!! The sun is shining, my kiln is hot and today is looking good. It's good to be alive!! Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

My kids got the pup several toys like that-the first one lasted about 10 minutes. The rest did not make it that long. I have about 6 on the steps to my studio-thought about sewing them, but no-he will just kill them again!