Monday, January 12, 2009








Yesterday I tried the coring again. I used a larger tube of sterling which made things a little easier. This bead which is very metallic looking doesn't show up very well in the pictures but it was really kind of pretty. I cut the disks for the beadcaps, stamped them, domed them then put them on the bead with the silver tubing. They have these really cool gadgets that do a real pretty job of turning the tubing into perfect rivets on the ends, but I used the old fashioned way, hammer a couple times, turn it, hammer a couple times, turn it etc etc and hope against hope I didn't bang too hard and break the bead.
It's certainly not perfect but it's not bad for a second try. Today I think I'll make some more large hole beads and try this some more.
Have a great day!!

2 comments:

Patti G. said...

Debbie, I did not know you were blogging until I saw your signature line! Way to go girl! This rocks!!!!!!!!
Beautiful look and love your uploads so far! Wheeeee!
Hugs,Patti

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

This is really beautiful, Debbie!

hugs, chris