Wednesday, February 25, 2009

90 DEGREES???? Seriously????









Yep the high yesterday at my house was 90 degrees and that was in the shade out of the sun! How unfair of Mother Nature to tease us with these wonderful warm and sunny days. I know as soon as I get acustomed to it, we'll have a snow storm! It happens every year. I have a video from one year on April 1st, it was snowing like crazy and I had hundreds of hummingbirds at my feeder!!!!







Yesterday, while I was soaking the heat, felt like the first time I'd been warm in a long time. Guess it's the lizard in me. Anyway, I had a visitor on my daffodils. These little guys are just too cool. They're called hummingbird moths. This one was about 2 inches long with racing stripes on his back. The pictures aren't that great, but to tell the truth I was amazed I got him in the picture at all, as fast as he moves!!! Of course, when I tried doing a little wildlife photography, sitting on the floor of the porch on the other side of the railing, with my camera positioned in between two rails he refused to come back.
Yes I'm a serious sufferer of spring fever!! My peach tree has already bloomed, usually we get a frost while it's blooming and no peaches but this year we ought to be good. Next time I'm in town I intend to get my tomato plants and get them started early, rather than waiting til May when a week after I get my plants in the ground the drought will start and they'll burn up. I can protect them from a freeze a lot easier than I can protect them from 100+ degrees days.


Of course I have to add one more "baby" picture. Clancey(the dog) isn't too sure about Buddy (the horse)!!

I'm trying to get motivated to do something, whether it's clean my house or make jewelry. Yesterday, I tried punching silver disks and my cutter is sticking, so it's bam, bam, bam with the hammer, disk comes out, then 10 minutes spent getting it unstuck. :0( So frustrating.

2 comments:

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Clancey is getting so big!! And beautiful, too!!!! I see we have a new harlequin Dane in the neighborhood-Snickers thinks he should go play with him!
hugs, chris

Debbie said...

I'll bet Snickers would have a lot of fun!!! Clancey plays with our golden retriever mix all the time, until Honey gets fed up with her and puts an end to it!! lol