Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm on a rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!

Look at me two days in a row!!!! I'm blogging!!!
We've got some crazy weather going on here! SAturday it was 84, I was barefooted with shorts on, Sunday it was windy, cold and in the 30's, today it's sleeting and 29-32. I just don't know how the northerners stand it!! There must be something to adapting cause I'm like a lizard let me soak up that heat!!!
Days like this I'll probably spend in front of the fire or upstairs wrapping jewelry. I've really gotten hooked on making earrings with gemstones. ooooh they sparkle!!!

This is labradorite, they have this beautiful glow. This was the first pair I made and I antiqued/aged them. I thought they turned out nice.



These are citrine and I haven't antiqued them yet, can't decide if I should leave them or what? Whatcha think???

These are a grapefruit colored quartz. Obviously they aren't antiqued.

These are the ones I just finished, one was way bigger than the other so I had to redo the one, over and over!! lol But they match now. The stones are hot pink quartz, niceeeeeeeee!!!




Obviously before listing them online I'll want to take better pictures. Which brings me to another idea I've had. Yeah there's this little lightbulb lighting up over my head right now!!! My husband has become a crafter, I NEVER thought I'd see it!! He bought a mini lathe last year and has been making varmint calls (which is a call to call coyotes, bobcats, varmints). Please no anti hunting slams, this is Texas we hunt (well I don't but). Anyway, he's been making these really pretty calls out of all these different types of wood. The prettiest ones are made of cedar and mesquite, and geez we've got plenty of mesquite and cedar!!! He's a perfectionist so until they're perfect, he keeps at it. I've gotten a lot of his rejects now I just need to figure out how to add something for the earrings to hang on.

Well I've been lazy this morning, sort of. Although I did get the kitchen cleaned, really cleaned probably since Christmas. It was hard to get back in routine over the holidays but it's easier now that my son is back to school and the routine is back. Clothes washed, bills paid and a stew in the crock pot, but I'm still sitting here in my pajamas!

What can I say, it's a lazy Monday. Oh yay, freezing rain, sleet and snow falling now.

No comments: