Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What a difference a day makes!

Yesterday was so crazy, they even closed school before lunch time. Today we're enjoying a beautiful bright and sunny day. The snow and ice are melting making for a major mudfest when you're in the country!




I'm a tutorial HO. I guess it's because I can make just about anything but I need to follow instructions. After a while I can take off on my own but creativity is not one of my virtues!! On the Lampwork ETC forum, they've started a thread where some of the talented artists can sell their tutorials. One of the ladies who decided to sell her tutorial goes by the name "Loco" and she is a hoot!! What a personality!!! She makes these adorable dragons and she shared her instructions. Well, being a tute ho, I snapped that one up.



My first two attempts were following the directions exactly or as exact as I could. The first dragon (the little purple people eater) had nares issues. He needed a little plastic surgery(aka super glue) to make his snout presentable.





The second attempt, "Oh you're a GIRL DRAGON" said in donkey voice, had a little problem with her lipstick, I guess her flames burned it off, I'm sure it's not because I forgot to strike my red glass....naaaaaaaaah that's not it!!!




The third attempt turned into a Holy Cow. What a babe, she looks like she's saying "Who Me?" What cute hind quarters!!!









Last but not least is Yuda (distant cousin of Yoda but not near as smart!) He's a purple little thing, hmmm he's not a dragon, or a cow, maybe a gnome or troll??
Anyway he's kinda cute.




"Does this collar make my butt look big???"




This morning I needed to hit something, so I grabbed some copper sheet put it under a torch to get the pretty colors and punched and stamped.





The earrings have really pretty rosey color that didn't show up too well in the picture. And of course I can't find my copper ear wires, (being the president of the local "Slobs are Us" club, our motto: Yes I've got one but don't ask me where it's at.) Organizing is definitely on my list of things to do!! Well I've yammered enough for one day, have a great day!!

No comments: