Saturday, March 21, 2009

Adult Attention Deficit Disorder AKA Can't remember squat!!

I've self diagnosed myself with AADD. I'm sure I have it, either that or dementia is setting in!!
I go up to clean my messy craft area (I think it's #3) and I'm cleaning away and ooh ooh templates for scrapbooking. I've been wanting to make a necklace for a friend's birthday. She's an internet friend, I've never met her in person, or talked to her on the phone but I know she's a wonderful person. She's a gifted musician and singer, so I've been told. This lovely very Italian lady was born on St Patrick's Day which I think is so funny!!! Anyway, I always remember her birthday but I don't always send her the gift I had wanted, or the card that made me think of her so I usually end up doing nothing. I'm so bad!! So this year I wanted to make her a silver pendant. I've been thinking and thinking about how I was going to go about it. I know exactly what I'm going to stamp on the pendant etc. probably hang it on a simple chain, but I haven't completed that thought yet. Anyway in the midst of cleaning I come across this template and think.... AHA!!! A heart!!! I can make the pendant heart shaped!!! So before I know it the cleaning is long forgotten, and I've got my saw, silver, files and snips out cutting a piece of silver into a heart. Well I can't get too energetic, as I'm upstairs and my son's room is up there. And he was asleep, Waiting so I was impatiently waiting for him to get up. He's a teenager, they don't get up before noon!!! So I go down stairs, see it's almost lunch time, fix lunch and think ooh, it's Saturday.

Well I did a drawing on a yahoo group I'm in. I had some flower lampwork beads I made and had a drawing to give them away. Five beads to go to five people. So I get on the computer to get the rest of the names, and pick the winners. My Mom picked the five names and I was just fixing to send the announcement to the list. I remembered some of the people wanted to know about a website and mine is soooooo outdated, so I thought I'd update my blog to include my etsy shop which has some lampwork beads on chains for sale (oh yeah I bored yall with that a while back!!!).

So now instead of sending the drawing results, here I sit typing on my blog!!! LOL
Now you see why I think I have AADD(if that's even the way they abbreviate it!!).
So blah blah blah blah, aren't you sorry you came to my blog????? LOL Boring





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post. keep it coming. Anyway if im not mistaken the symptoms for adult ADD and ADHD for children is different. is this true?