Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dare I say it? Spring is here??

After freezing cold last week, a fire in the fireplace, Weds-Friday, it looks like spring may finally be here. I've got some flowers blooming and I noticed yesterday when I had to go to the accountants office (yeehaw) wisteria and all kinds of springy stuff going on!!!

The only thing, I'm impatiently awaiting the hummingbirds. They're my favorites of spring. I've got a couple feeders up and now the waiting begins. I think they're a little late this year, must be the crazy weather, cause it seems they're usually here by now. I've got a video from April 1st one year where there were at least a hundred hummers swarming around the feeder and it was snowing like crazy!!! If I knew how to attach a video, I'd show you!!! lol

I've got so much things on my to-do list I'm stressed out. My copper bracelet is brown and it only gets that way when I'm stressed!! lol I tried to explain that to my husband this morning and his remark was he had a lot of pennies on his chest of drawers and they were brown, did I think they were stressed??? He's such a brat sometimes!!!!

I'm still struggling with boro in my lampwork endeavors, but I did get a cool tutorial on making little face/head beads. Here's my first attempt and while she's got some crooked parts I think she turned out pretty cute. I call her Wanda.
I'd kinda like to make a body for her and maybe make her into an artdoll, but I'm going to have to find out how!!!
Well got company coming today, a possible candidate to provide respite care for my daughter, so dh and I can go to my son's baseball games. I guess I better clean some, so she won't be scared away by the mess. I sure hope she likes dogs!!!!!

1 comment:

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

She is darling!!! Hope your respite care works out-that is so hard to find!! Happy Spring!!
chris p