Sunday, March 29, 2009

This and That and More

The necklace has been sent and received, yay me for actually following thru on something!!!

Happy Birthday Linda! Now the beauty of internet friendships is I will never know if Linda hates it, cause even though she said she liked it, how will I ever know if she wears it!!! lol

The heart was cut out of 24 ga sterling silver, then filed, stamped, patinaed and put on a chain. I was pleased with the results and hope Linda really likes it!!

Ok let's talk about high school baseball. When did it become so bloodthirsty? When did the coaches become so obnoxious? and WHEN DID GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP FALL BY THE WAYSIDE???????????????

Friday night as I sat freezing my butt off I was truly disappointed at what I saw as poor sportsman like conduct and it was led by the opposing teams coaches. Our temperature which had been so pleasant, dropped on Friday to a blustery (and I mean the wind was brutal!!) 30 degrees with a windchill in the teens. I personally had on an undershirt, two long john shirts, a t shirt, long john bottoms, jeans, insulated coveralls, a knit cap and a hooded sweatshirt and I was still cold!!!!!!!!!!! OH AND I was sitting on the south side of the dugout, a little bit out of the wind. Several of the other local teams cancelled due to the weather. It dawned on me after the game, if our coach had suggested postponing the game, these opposing coaches would have jumped at it on the grounds we forfeited the game and so the game was played. Those boys played out in that weather in their uniforms and sweatshirts. The opposing team had set up their dugout with plywood boards to help cut the wind AND had a heater set up, so they could thaw out, no such accommodations were made for our team. I know it certainly wasn't a requirement, but it would have been nice. We lost a game we should have won, but this isn't about being a sore loser, really it isn't. I realized at the game, I'd seen this team play several times before and the coaches were the same. I just don't know why, they are allowed to be loud, obnoxious, argumentative to the referees and instill poor sportsmanship in their team. Come on guys this is 1A(small schools) baseball, we're not talking professional, college or even 5A(large schools)!! Oh well let it go I guess, but it sure was disappointing.

Ok have to get my flight of ideas under control so I can decide what to do today. Silver? Jewelry? Beads? or work on my little collage I'm trying to make?? Decisions decisions!!!

No comments: