Monday, March 30, 2009

Branching out? Or maybe I"ve just lost my mind completely

I have two friends who are very talented artists, Lin and Penny, they're blogs are listed to the left. Penny has been doing these great drawings lately of children with the big eyes. Well, she's also got some collages she's done. So I was thinking, I have all these beautiful grandchildren! Sooooooooooooooooooo I thought I'd try a collage with two of them. It's not done and it's got lots of problems!! But it's kinda fun. Especially, since I'm not pressuring myself to be perfect. I'm not going to use it for anything, I'm just playing. Sometimes, just playing is a lot of fun. Another reason I started this, is it's been too dang cold to torch, and I'm not in jewelry mode! lol


The background got muddy, and it's not done, but this one is the learning experience! The dark haired girl has a lot of paper seams in her face which was a mistake, so I know to be more careful next time.

This was my first face, drawn from a template. LOL Even with a template, she's pretty bad.
Now this one was done freehand and I thought her face came out pretty good. I did another one and the face was ok but I got carried away with the paint so she looks like a country western singer from the 60's with the big hair!!! For some reason I can't get that picture to load.

No comments: