Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Amazing Nature



Walking around the back of my house the other day, I ran into this!! Isn't it amazing??? I had thrown some Hollyhock seeds out last year, but it was in a spot the dogs insisted on lying in so nothing came of them. Everytime they tried to grow they got dug up, along with my zinnias. Well this year the little fella prevailed and look at him. Isn't he gorgeous???

This morning, my husband nonchalantly mentions there's a painted bunting on the fence out here. Of course I had to run go look. well I saw a reddish belly but that was all. So I scoffed at my dh, no it's not, I don't know what it is but it's not a painted bunting. I run get the binoculars, and dang if it's not a painted bunting. Much groveling later, and praising my husband for his keen vision, I admit to him he was right! Here's this amazingly colorful bird sitting on the fence. I wasn't able to get a picture, and even if I could my lens doesn't enlarge that much, so I found a painted bunting for all to enjoy.

No comments: